3D printing has taken the manufacturing industry by storm. It provides manufacturers with an innovative and cost-effective way of creating complex components and parts. However, one of the biggest challenges in 3D printing is finding materials that can withstand high temperature applications. Especially, those that would make it possible to print parts used in extreme environments. The solution to this problem is Figure 4 High Temp 150C FR Black, an advanced 3D printing material made for high temperature applications.
What is Figure 4 High Temp 150C FR Black?
Figure 4 High Temp 150C FR Black is a material specifically for high temperature applications with 3D printing. It is a flame-retardant and heat-resistant material that can withstand temperatures up to 150°C. Notably so, it offers a UL rating of UL94 V-0. That said, this material meets the plastic flammability standard for plastic parts in devices and appliances. With this rating, it is ideal for applications where parts must be able to withstand high temperatures without deforming, melting or catching fire.
- Flame Retardance: With its flame-retardant properties, Figure 4 High Temp 150C FR Black is a safe and reliable option for use in high temperature environments.
- Heat Resistance: Impressively enough, this material can withstand temperatures up to 150°C. Hence, suitable for use in a wide range of high temperature applications.
- High Strength and Durability: Figure 4 High Temp 150C FR Black is a strong and durable material. Therefore, it is ideal for printing parts that will be subjected to high stress and strain.
- Versatility: This material is suitable for a wide range of applications, including electrical, automotive, aerospace, and industrial applications.
- Surface Quality: With an injection mold-like finish, this high temp material offers incredible surface quality, accuracy and repeatability… All while maintaining a fast print speed!
- Environmental Stability: Upon testing, the Figure 4 material provides excellent long-term environmental stability. Meaning, the material retains a high percent of initial mechanical properties over a given period of time.
High Temperature Applications with 3D Printing
- Automotive Industry: Figure 4 High Temp 150C FR Black is an excellent material for printing parts for the automotive industry, including engine components and exhaust systems.
- Aerospace Industry: The high temperature resistance of this material makes it ideal for printing parts for a high-altitude and high-speed aircraft.
- Industrial Applications: This material is suitable for printing parts for a wide range of industrial applications like furnace liners, heat exchangers, and ovens.
- Electrical Applications: It is also ideal for printing parts for high temperature electrical applications. Some applications include electrical panels, switchgear, and transformers.
In short, Figure 4 High Temp 150C FR Black by 3D Systems is the ultimate solution for high-temperature 3D printing applications with the Figure 4. With its flame-retardant, heat-resistant, strong and durable properties, it is suitable for a wide range of applications, including automotive, aerospace, industrial and electrical applications. This advanced 3D printing material is the answer to the challenges faced by manufacturers in the high temperature environment.
To unlock a total guide for this material, click here.